FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Bienvenue.... au revoir 2010

As I sit here in absolute silence listening and thinking writing and reflecting, I am overjoyed at what 2010 brought to me.  It was a year filled with monumental growth and practice using what I learned from my experiences in 2010.  It was a year with many new beginnings for me.  It was a year that was so FULL of richness and amazement that I can not even begin to fathom being done and moving forward.

The Lord God carried you as a man carries his son in all the way that you went until you came to this place.  Deuteronomy 1:31

Isn't it funny how everything seems to be measured in time.  Really 2010...the number is finished but the journey is still in motion.  All of the amazing experiences and rich learning continues on into "the New Year".

In the post Simply Simplifying I revealed a tid bit of what 2011 would bring.  One of the life changes for me was going to be memorizing scripture.  You see in 2010 it was this specific action that got me through January to June with the utmost confidence and brought me to a place I did not even know existed let alone a place I could bask in.  So on January 1, 2011 I began memorizing scripture with 5,000+ other women through Beth Moores blog titled Siesta Memory Verse.  This is a very exciting journey and one that requires self discipline.  One that brings amazing blessings and I can not wait to be amazed.

2011 promises many great opportunities.  2011 will be the year that my oldest child will graduate and move forward on his life journey.  2011 is the year I will complete my 2 year degree in a field that I have been called to serve in.  2011 brings career opportunities for my husband.  2011 brings the opportunity for my mother to tread new ground here with us, 2011 brings opportunity for my younger children to embrace life and be "kids".   AND 2011 holds many unknowns.

So as our life takes on the new direction of need vs. want,  of me finishing my coursework, my eldest son finishing high school in a far away place, my mom joining us, our wonderful trip with dear friends coming up, the children experiencing a different after school routine due to my coursework, and my man patiently waiting to see what career opportunity his company is going to bestow upon him, along with all of the everyday life happenings....we will endure the unexpected curve balls (of which usually hit in the pocket book) that may come our way such as trips that were not on the agenda but were necessary, the van being sassy and needing to see the doctor a few too many times, a faucet breaking and spewing water everywhere, and other unplanned events that happen just to remind us that life happens......

I will continue to be prepared and know that none of these events are coincidence they are providence and we will embrace them knowing the plans are to prosper us not to harm us, for good not evil, to give us a future and hope.I will search for the treasures hidden in the darkness refusing self condemnation and fruitless regret. 

You crown the year with your goodness and your paths drip with abundance.  Psalm 65:11

So I will begin 2011 with the plans God has for me crowned with His goodness walking His path that drips with abundance.  Even though I do not know the plans He promises "I know the plans I have for you.  Plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11  I will rest in the fact that the plans are KNOWN and He WILL give me a future and a hope.

I often sign my holiday cards with the phrase "Happy Holidays and Wishes for a Prosperous New Year filled with Joy."  This year I believed and felt each word in a way that was new and exciting to me.
This year as I wrote this phrase it was different because in 2010 I had experienced His plans and lived it filled with joy.  He had wrapped me in His loving arms and showed me His promises and His plans.  The plans are known for you also.  You to have a future and a hope of good not evil.

From our family to yours......
"Happy Holidays and Wishes for a Prosperous New Year filled with Joy."

1 comment: