FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1 + 30 +110 + 1,000's = Amazing

As I sit here 2 days after this 13.1 Journey came to fruition I struggle to sit and stand.  
Man my quads hurt.
That however will all go away.
But the fruit of the journey is forever!

This journey is a journey of many first for me...

The first time I heard of AS OUR OWN
The first time I ran more than 10K let alone 13.1 miles (21K)
The first time I ran so many miles without a running partner
The first time I ran with headphones
The first time I ran an hour plus on a treadmill
The first time I was Running with my man!
The first time I went to Dallas Texas
The first time I was not running in snow in Jan., Feb., March

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....

The first time I ran a race that was to raise money for a cause.....

It always amazed me when I would receive the news that I had been sponsored.
I have to tell you that every sponsorship I received was received with such gratitude!

It is often difficult to ask people to give money especially when times are not lucrative but.....

I had a dear friend once tell me.....
Send the invitation and let the people decide for themselves what they will do....
I hold that dear to my heart in all of the endeavors I embark on whether it is 
inviting friends on a trip...
to dinner.....
to church.....
to play....
to a Bible study...
or to join me in a crazy adventure that requires giving of time or money.....
AND
I diligently prayed that God would speak to the hearts of those He wanted to!
AND I sent out the email(s).....

And for this sweet, sweet precious girl and many others in India your hearts were moved....
Moved toward LOVE
Moved toward COMPASSION
Moved toward  CHANGE!

On my last long run on the treadmill....
When I needed some inspiration to keep running this song began to play....
The Change
One hand
Reaches out
And pulls a lost soul from harm
While a thousand more go unspoken for
They say what good have you done
By saving just this one
It's like whispering a prayer
In the fury of a storm

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

This heart
Still believes
The love and mercy still exist
While all the hatred rage and so many say
That love is all but pointless in madness such as this
It's like trying to stop a fire
With the moisture from a kiss

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

As long as one heart still holds on
Then hope is never really gone

I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world we know
Never changes me

What I do is so
This world will know
That it will not change me

(From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/g/garth-brooks-lyrics/the-change-lyrics.html)


It was a sweet essence that came over me as I felt the magnitude of what each person who
chose to sponsor me was standing for....
CHANGE
Maybe not changing the World right now today but changing the course of a life today right now.
Reaching out your hand so Parul will have a different life.  Her path has been Changed.
You took a stand!
A stand that even though the world chooses to think that one person's contribution is not enough 
you did not let that thinking change your hearts desire to give.


The piece of this song that moved me most was.....


This heart
Still believes
The love and mercy still exist
While all the hatred rage and so many say
That love is all but pointless in madness such as this
It's like trying to stop a fire
With the moisture from a kiss 



I ran because I do believe that Love and Mercy still do exist and I have been called to Love
because it is the greatest of these and it is not pointless...


As long as one heart still holds on
Then hope is never really gone 



My heart holds on...
Your heart holds on...






As I ran 13.1 miles I completed this leg of my journey. 
 A leg of the journey where I learned about giving of myself for mercy and Love...
A journey of not only Hope for Parul but Hope for more....


Each of you were with me as I passed each mile (km my Canadians)....







Throwing up praises for your support....
Almost hyperventilating at mile 7 because I was overwhelmed and flooded with the amazingness of this.


Although 13.1 is complete and my legs are recovering, 
My soul has been moved and stirred.
This is not the end but the beginning of another adventure on my life journey.....


9 very sluggish runners packed into a taxi after the race!
And I want to say
THANK YOU...
Anita Wolverton
Tanya Hedin
Jemma Anderbeck
Chad and Trish Mombourquette
Cindy Harris
Tammi Henderson
and 
Vern and Amy Baxter....
For believing in me, believing in As Our Own and believing that by reaching out one hand you can 
make a difference!



THANK YOU.....
 to those who thought of me often and those of you who prayed as I embarked on this journey.



NO PRAYERS OR THOUGHTS WERE WASTED!


Every step, every mile, every Word spoken to me during this time was 
fruitful, changing and moving!
Thank you for blessing me....Blessing Parul...Blessing Team Bayou City Fellowship!




I stand in awe!


In a race, everyone runs but only one person gets first prize.  So run your race to win.  To win the contest you must deny yourselves many things that would keep you from doing your best.  An athlete goes to all this trouble just to win a blue ribbon or a silver cup, but we do it for a heavenly reward that never disappears.  
1 Corinthians 9:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment