FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Sunday, January 8, 2012

I RuN Because?????'

I aspire to be a runner.  I have for a few years now.  It began about 7 years ago when my mother asked me to run the Peachtree Road Race 10k with her in Atlanta Georgia.  With the help of a supportive friend we embarked on the training necessary to accomplish that what seemed like huge endeavor.  

July 4th rolled around and I ran that race.  It was this moment that I now would answer the questions "What do you like to do in your free time?, What are your hobbies/interests?  Who am I?"  Running captured me.This would now be a part of me.  

People would often respond with a "WOW!  You run marathons!"  NO NO I don't.
10K was far enough for me.  I could enjoy and hour of running but more than that did not excite me!
I vowed to never run beyond 10k....that would be more than crazy, boring, silly!



Years came and went and my running was often strong but sometimes at a lull.  In those time where I could not run regularly or when I was in between running partners (it is more fun to run with someone)  I longed to be a runner.  I longed to say to people "I run!".











For the past year my running has been non existent due to life circumstances.  But I longed for it. I longed for what is has become for me.  I longed for what it gave me.  I busted needed a nudge.



AND
The nudge came.
Her name is Parul.



SOOOO...
Saturday, Jan. 01 2012
I began again.  I began being a runner.  This time for more than me.  This time for someone else who needs  me to be a runner more than I need myself to be a runner.
I began training for a half marathon on her behalf.
I am stepping out of my 10 k comfort zone and pushing to something more.
Not for me.  For Parul.

Jan. 08  2012
After only 2 days of very very short runs with beautiful running partners (I found a few new ones here in my new location:)
I embarked on my first long run!  I have to build up to 13 somehow!
My second born has found a love for running through his new school here so I encouraged him, my third born and Max (our new dog) to sent out with me on this adventure!

And so off we went......

The three of them were champs and hung in there as long as they could and then headed for home while I continued.

I don't usually run with my i pod because usually I have someone held captive as a listener as we run and/or I love to run in silence and listen to the majestic sound of the Creators beauty.

But today.....

I took my i pod!
When my running partners left me I plugged in!

PROVIDENCE
At minute 25 I was done.
MY feet were slowing down.
My muscles were tightening.
I wanted to walk.

AND 
A sweet gentle whisper...a nudge....
JUSTICE!

Your not running for you!  Your running for Parul.  A beautiful girl held captive.
and the music in my ears began speaking to me....



My Heart is Open by Keith Urban
"My heart is open, I am letting you in.   Cause you give me a reason the faith I have been needing to start again!"


I was back at pace!
Runnin' Runnin'

My Maker started speaking very clearly to me!
And I ran and ran and ran!

And singing in my ears was My Wish by Rascal Flatt
I hope the days come easy!

Days don't come easy for these girls.
I can choose to run.  
They don't have that choice.

"My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to.  Your dreams stay big your worries stay small.   You never need to carry more than you can hold."


These girls carry a tremendous amount of pain and suffering.


And I ran and ran and ran.


It became very very clear to me at this moment.  I run for freedom.  I run to meet with my Maker.
Not only was He speaking to me about Parul.....
He was speaking to me about me!
My story!

Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickelback
Your never gonna be alone.  From this moment on.  If you ever feel like letting go, won't let you fall.  When all hope is gone, know that you can carry on....

My Maker never leave me nor forsakes me.  He is my HOPE!  He won't let me go!

Runin' Runnin'

After that heavy heavy conversation with God...
Never Wanted Nothing More by Kenney Chesney
"I am what I am I am what not..."
I am me...created for His good works!  Made new by HIM!

Minute 41
I am experiencing chills and that burn in my stomach.
And I again here the whisper....
Parul's stomach certainly must feel sick when she is being perpetrated and exploited....
It must be chilling not to have a choice to say "NO"

FREEDOM

Night Like This by Shawn Desmond
"I feel like nothing nothing can touch me know.  In this moment right here.  No one can bring me down.  I don't want this feeling to end.  It is like anything can happen!"
"Freedom you just can not deny"

Runnin' Runnin'
Burnin'
But I see the end.

PARUL PARUL PARUL

No Air by Jordin Sparks....
"Tell me how I am supposed to breathe with no air"

And I felt like I couldn't breathe.  Burn in my stomach, burn in my legs but mostly overwhelmed with this experience and thankful that He chose me.  He nudged me to run.  I listened and in obedience I am running for Parul.
He chose me to LOVE!
He too chose you!

All things are possible through Him who strengthens me.
I will train and run 13.1 on March 25th in Dallas Texas.


Runnin' for As Our Own.....


I will run for Parul.  
I will run for FREEDOM!

I will run with Bayou City Fellowship as a body of believers who LOVE JESUS and LOVE PEOPLE!

I am a runner!




I challenge you to find a race near you to run to help these girls in India.
Come run with us in Dallas, we would love to have you join our team!
Pray for us!
Support our team!
It is amazing when Mercy and Justice collide!

No comments:

Post a Comment