FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Thursday, November 11, 2010

WOW...TiMe is FLYYYYYYIIINNNGGG!

Well Halloween is over and in the U.S.A Thanksgiving is the 24th of November which marks the transition to Christmas. Unfortunately in Canada Thanksgiving is in before Halloween and there is no black Friday so I find transitioning to Christmas is a bit difficult. For Halloween we celebrate the harvest and pumpkins. Pumpkins a plenty pumpkins galore. We host an annual pumpkin carving party the Saturday before Halloween every year. We invite friends because we have no family with us in our current location. It is amazing how our friends become our family and we share this tradition as if it has been in the family for years. It is amazing to see the joy in the eyes of the children as they cut and gut!!!

As you all know I am a philanthropist...(see the previous post and a few before that) and because of my love of people I am always trying to find reasons to have people gather together. Some years pass by and I missed the opportunity to gather with my beloved friends during the holiday season. This year I was sure I would plan more effectively and efficiently so I could host that jewelery party and that Chinese gift exchange and that cookie exchange and that pot luck but WOW is time flying and I again find myself running out of time.

This year however is a special year. My transition to Christmas will come right around November 23rd....as it usually does but I have already put away the fall pumpkins and am preparing to be ready for the tree by November 19th. You see this year I am flying to the states to be with my mother for her 60th birthday. Not only will we be together for her birthday, my eldest son will join us and we will be with my brother and his family. I will also get to see my dear friend of over 16 years (university days).


But most exciting of all is I will see and be a part of Beth Moore's Living Proof Live event in Rapid City South Dakota on November 19th and 20th. I have been under the teachings of Beth for over 10 years now and I never dreamed I would actually be at let alone volunteer at one of her events AND do it with my mother on her 60th birthday.

So my friends stay tuned to hear how time for two days will all but stand still for me as I embrace and bask in His presence with my mom, my dear friend Jodi, Beth and here team and many women who will be seeing HIS face shine upon them.

What a beautiful way to transition to Christmas!

How do you transition to the Christmas season??

No comments:

Post a Comment