FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Continuing the Journey

In an attempt to fill an insatiable hunger to know more I have continued on my journey...

One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer is my current study. This study takes the reader on a journey through the wilderness with the Israelites. A 40 year journey that is. A journey that should have taken only a few months!

I am also reading (yes it it that insatiable hunger to know more) Desire by John Eldredge. This reading has revealed to me that Desire is given and if we listen, hear and obey it is then that we are given abundant life and desire is fueled and alive in us!

So my journey has been that of desiring to experience God the way the Bible tells me I can and believing it to be as amazing as it says (yes my part of the experience is sometimes challenging, not easy)and fulfilling that longing, that desire for life as it was meant to be.

Through these two pieces (which I am in the middle of right now) I have learned that the wilderness journey is a journey in which God uses to reveal HIMSELF in a mighty way. Easy...I think not. Dry sometimes...yes. Empty sometimes..yup! But I remind myself that he allows these experiences of inner emptiness to show me that I can not fill them myself with money, status, material objects, love from humans, earthly resources etc. It is a filling I can only receive from HIM. He wants us to seek to fulfill our emptiness our hunger by searching the Word, spending time in prayer, and yielding to the Holy Spirit. He wants us to recognize this hunger as His gift.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied Matt. 5:6

For He satisfies the hungry soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness Ps. 107:9

During the in between times of God revealing Himself mightily don't grow idle. God is still working in you and in your life. Do not give the enemy opportunity to deceive you. Keep seeking HIM. Something mighty will happen.

As far as Desire....
I have many desires in my heart. If you can believe it spending time with my girls is one of them. I long for relationships. I long for people to be connected to someone who will share with them and support them. This blog thing for me is a God thing. The studies we do together are a God thing...(many of you have heard the stories 502 times so I will spare you 503 til next time:) HEHE) His Word says He will give you the desires of your heart and he knows the desires of your heart. He knew I desired for women to be connected. And for any of you who have blessed me with your time you knew my desire for connection as well:):)

Here is the amazing news...
I could not have this desire and have the other desires of my heart come to frutation (even though He promises me He will give me these desires) until He had my heart right where He wanted it.

And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. So he humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. Deut. 8:2-4

You see my friend...God knew my desires but He needed to humble me, purify my heart, thwart me if you will. When we set our hopes on Him not on "me" he fulfills our desires. Again not with out struggles. I have had a few struggles and still do....You see I will remain hopeful even in a broken world. It is through this hope that my desire is fueled and desire can not live without hope.

I still have desires...many...and I can't wait to see what He reveals to me as I continue my journey to Canaan..the Promiseland.

Will you join me? Will you follow the Lord as He leads you to the Promiseland??

No comments:

Post a Comment