FREEDOM.....

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1



Monday, March 29, 2010

Broken Hearts

As I look forward to a return home I wallow in the awesomeness of the Sovereign God.
Home for me is not full of happiness it is full of hurt. It is a place full of guilt, bitterness, anger, idolatry, and betrayal. Although it represents bondage it is also a place of freedom.

My freedom in Christ began there many years ago when I asked Jesus into my heart. I remember that day vividly. Not many of my childhood memories are vivid but this memory is as clear as it would be if it occurred yesterday or yet...this morning.

This past week has been a week of reflection. Reflecting on a life lived. It has been amazing to see Gods hand and his divine purpose revealed to me. It is a big AMEN that I am Living Proof of HIS mercy. What is most exciting is to see how HE has mastered my life orchestrating HIS glory each day. I am overwhelmed with HIS love. As I read Psalms 55 I felt what David was feeling. Isn't it freeing to know we are redeemed in HIM. We can fall short and HE still loves us. HE will pick us up and brush us off if we ask HIM too.

As I journey home this next week it will be only through HIM that I will be able to respond differently to the pain that home represents. It is through HIM that I am strong enough. Phillipians 4:13 I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone would boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.

You are HIS workmanship. HE loves you just as he loved Lazarus, that we can rise and have life. Are you ready to have abundant life in HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment